Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Random orbit

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, so Shehun tagged me to do the eight random things meme. I'm a fairly random person to start with, so this should be easy, right?

* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I've lived in six states. This is the first one that doesn't border Canada.
2. My great uncle played professional basketball for the Minnesota Lakers, before they moved to L.A. Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why a Southern California team has the name "Lakers"?
3. I played a (very) small role in the development of polypropylene balloon tubing for angioplastic surgery.
4. I was born with the caul, a fact that my mom will tell you means I won't drown.
5. I still had to take swimming lessons every summer until I was 12.
6. My favorite spice is cardamom.
7. I visited the Slovak Republic when it was still Czechoslovakia.
8. I am a splendid baker of bread . . . and of masa cherry pies, as I believe Shehun will attest.

I am the very last person in the blogosphere to do this meme, so you're all it, so there. Although I agree that Hossy very definitely needs her own blog. She would be the Boss Hoss.

1 comment:

Scrivener said...

You know, I never have stopped to ask myself why they're called the "Lakers," but I suspect that little piece of trivia will come in handy at some sort of cocktail party in the future.